Welcome to the Evolvepreneur (After Hours) Show
I am your Special Host Christine Campbell Rapin
Join me today where we dig deep with our guests and get you the best concepts and strategies to fast-track your business.
My very special guest today is Marques Ogden ...
Marques, a former NFL offensive lineman, retired after 5 years to pursue construction and contracting. He founded Kayden Premier Enterprises at 27, which saw rapid growth but eventually went bankrupt, losing nearly $2 million on a project. Marques then worked as a custodian and rebuilt his life, becoming an inspirational keynote speaker, coach, author, and marketing leader. He filed for bankruptcy in 2013 but used this rock-bottom experience to motivate his new career. He partnered with Don, focusing on content, marketing, and social media. Scaling the business and creating passive income streams posed challenges. His podcast became a valuable tool for growing his network and brand. Marques maintains a resilient mindset by remembering his darkest times of losing everything.
- Marcus lost his construction company in 2013 and hit rock bottom, working as a custodian for $8.25 an hour. That was his wake up call to start speaking and coaching.
- Marcus started his business in 2013 but didn't get his first paid job until 2016. It took perseverance and grit to climb out of the hole.
- Failure is not fatal. Embracing failures and learning from them is important for business growth.
- Marcus realized that making money was not true value. His value came from helping others through his message.
- Marcus' first hire was his business partner Don who helped him with content, social media, and other tasks while they both learned together.
- Scaling the business has been challenging, especially creating residual income streams.
- Marcus' podcast has been very successful in growing his network, brand awareness, and potential revenue.
- Marcus remembers what it felt like to lose everything to maintain his unbreakable mindset and never go back to his ego-driven past.
- Hiring people aligned with his vision has been important for Marcus' team growth.
- Marcus' app is a new way for people to access his content and brand.
About The Show
Evolvepreneur (After Hours) Show features guest stories about entrepreneurs and their journeys from startup, growth to success.
If you're looking to succeed with quick start concepts for online entrepreneurs, this brand new show reveals how startup entrepreneurs or someone looking to start, grow or reboot their online business can understand how to create specific strategies to build their list, make offers and connect with their best buyers.
We want to help entrepreneurs make a real difference and navigate the messy world of startup or re-launch.
Also, visit https://evolvepreneur.app/podcast/show to grab your free copy of #1 International Best Selling Book "Evolvepreneur Secrets for Entrepreneurs".
Subscribe and get immediate access!
Want to be a guest on the show?