Welcome to the Evolvepreneur (After Hours) Show
I am your Special Host Richard Wray
Join me today where we dig deep with our guests and get you the best concepts and strategies to fast-track your business.
My very special guest today is Andrew Wilner ...
This episode discusses working side gigs, particularly for physicians, with guest Andrew Wilner. He talks about how locum tenens work allows doctors flexibility to test different locations before settling down. It also provides an option for those wanting reduced hours near retirement. Burnout is a risk if the work is not balanced, but side projects can help rekindle passion if done right. Wilner took time off from clinical work and was surprised by medical advances when returning. He advises having savings to support yourself when starting something new. The discussion covers how isolation from technology changes can impact doctors' wellbeing. Overall, the podcast provides advice on maintaining work-life balance and passion for one's career through temporary opportunities or side projects.
- The guest, Andrew Wilner, is a prolific medical journalist who has written hundreds of articles and authored 4 books, including on locum tenens (temporary physician work).
- Locum tenens offers flexibility for physicians at different career stages, from new graduates to those near retirement, and allows freelancing without bureaucracy.
- Burnout is a major issue for physicians, and taking a step back through side gigs or locum tenens can help rekindle passion and prevent resentment/apathy.
- Having savings as a buffer is important advice for those pursuing side gigs, as it may take time to succeed and unexpected costs could arise.
- Support from loved ones can make a big difference in staying motivated through challenges of a side gig.
- Returning to clinical medicine after 10 years away was like starting a new job for Wilner due to major changes in standards and technology.
- Loss of informal interactions between physicians from different specialties is one downside of technological changes.
- Making sure to value one's expertise from their main career can help avoid failure/frustration in a side gig pursuit.
- Wilner is working on a new book and welcomes beta readers and reviews to help promote it.
- The podcast discusses pursuing passions and flexibility through side gigs or temporary work as ways to prevent burnout in careers.
About The Show
Evolvepreneur (After Hours) Show features guest stories about entrepreneurs and their journeys from startup, growth to success.
If you're looking to succeed with quick start concepts for online entrepreneurs, this brand new show reveals how startup entrepreneurs or someone looking to start, grow or reboot their online business can understand how to create specific strategies to build their list, make offers and connect with their best buyers.
We want to help entrepreneurs make a real difference and navigate the messy world of startup or re-launch.
Also, visit https://evolvepreneur.app/podcast/show to grab your free copy of #1 International Best Selling Book "Evolvepreneur Secrets for Entrepreneurs".
Subscribe and get immediate access!
Want to be a guest on the show?