Welcome to the Evolvepreneur (After Hours) Show
I am your Special Host Richard Wray
Join me today where we dig deep with our guests and get you the best concepts and strategies to fast-track your business.
My very special guest today is May Silvers ...
This episode discusses the challenges of becoming an entrepreneur with guest May Silvers. May shares her experience working in hospitality and eventually starting her own mentorship business. She emphasizes that entrepreneurship is much harder work than most people realize and that the romanticized version on social media is misleading. May explains that many are shocked by the physical, mental, and emotional toll of rejection and the difficulties of building a sustainable business. Her mentorship program aims to give aspiring entrepreneurs a more realistic understanding of what it takes to succeed. May advises talking to existing business owners to learn about the challenges rather than just the successes. Overall, the podcast stresses the importance of developing mental toughness and not underestimating the grind required to get a new business off the ground.
- May Silvers got her start in the hospitality industry working at prestigious hotels in Singapore like Raffles, which provided valuable on-the-job training but did not offer flexibility.
- She moved to the US for work opportunities but found it difficult to visit family in Singapore due to job demands, motivating her to start her own business.
- Entrepreneurship is romanticized as offering freedom and high pay, but building a business requires immense hard work and perseverance through challenges.
- A strong understanding of marketing and sales is essential for business success yet often overlooked by new entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurs underestimate the difficulties of managing employees and business operations while doing work they enjoy.
- Social media skews perceptions of entrepreneurial lifestyle and glosss over common struggles and failures.
- Training programs help expose entrepreneurs to realities of business ownership and develop necessary mindsets.
- Rejection and difficulties cultivate mental toughness needed to weather challenges.
- Learning from other entrepreneurs' experiences provides valuable perspective beyond just success stories.
- Strong planning, financial readiness, and mentorship can help prepare aspiring entrepreneurs for challenges ahead.
About The Show
Evolvepreneur (After Hours) Show features guest stories about entrepreneurs and their journeys from startup, growth to success.
If you're looking to succeed with quick start concepts for online entrepreneurs, this brand new show reveals how startup entrepreneurs or someone looking to start, grow or reboot their online business can understand how to create specific strategies to build their list, make offers and connect with their best buyers.
We want to help entrepreneurs make a real difference and navigate the messy world of startup or re-launch.
Also, visit https://evolvepreneur.app/podcast/show to grab your free copy of #1 International Best Selling Book "Evolvepreneur Secrets for Entrepreneurs".
Subscribe and get immediate access!
Want to be a guest on the show?